Consent Form Templates
What is a consent form? A consent form is a signed document that states an individual’s informed consent to a treatment, study or activity. Depending on your business needs, the document may include waivers of activity, parental consent, the patient’s medical conditions and potential outcomes, and more.
With AidaForm, you can collect your customer’s consent in a modern way using one of the online consent form templates that include e-signatures and terms and conditions checkboxes, and save the responses as printable PDFs. All the consent templates in AidaForm are fully customizable: you can add more fields and edit all the text to suit your needs. Click the Use Template button to add a sample form to your AidaForm account and start using it right away!
Please note that you are solely responsible for the content of your form, as well as compliance with the rules and regulations of your country and region regarding the collection of informed consent. Please contact your local authorities if necessary to add all relevant information to your online consent form!
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Consent Forms
What is an informed consent form?
An informed consent form is a document that collects a person’s agreement to certain actions or studies and proves that the person has been given important information including, but not limited to, possible risks and outcomes. The forms are often used for educational and medical purposes. Consent can be given personally or on behalf of others, for example when minors are involved.
AidaForm has 20+ customizable electronic consent form examples.
How do you make a consent form?
- Add a field to collect the respondent’s name and contact details.
- If relevant, use multiple choice fields to ask about health conditions and special requirements.
- Use text fields to add detailed explanations of what your clients are agreeing to.
- Add checkbox fields to collect your client’s acknowledgement and consent.
- Use the signature field to verify your client’s identity.
How do you write a consent form?
- Include detailed explanations of the services you provide and information about possible consequences and outcomes.
- Start by explaining the essence of your service and leave organizational issues such as refunds for no-shows for the end.
- Break the text into short, meaningful topics to make it easier for your customers to read and understand.
- Avoid unproven claims about the effectiveness of your services.
- Use simple and clear language and avoid any ambiguity in your statements.
How can I make my form DPA and GDPR-compliant?
How do I obtain and store personal signatures?
A consent form must be signed or it may not be considered valid. AidaForm has a ready-to-use signature field that allows your respondent to sign using a stylus or finger. A collected signature cannot be changed or deleted after the response has been sent and is stored as part of your client’s consent form.
We strongly recommend that you check all local rules and regulations to ensure that the consent forms you create in AidaForm are legally acceptable and binding.