Examples of Great Customer Feedback Questions to Generate Quality Insights
- January 27, 2020
- 6 min read
7 years of experience in online marketing
Want to learn how to improve your services and rise above the competition in your market? I recommend you start by asking how to become the kind of organization that meets the felt needs of your customers. Rather than assume that you know what your clients desire from your products or services, ask them directly! When you take the time to develop a simple feedback form populated with questions that customers can answer directly, they will feel the freedom to be honest and open with their feedback.
Before you launch the first survey, decide specifically what your goal is. From my experience, it’s best to avoid unnecessary questions. Word to the wise: do not lengthen the form - this will only reduce the response conversion.
Listed below I have put together 34 sample questions that you can pose in a customer feedback form, grouped by topic and task, which are often posed by business owners, marketers, product owners, and others. Take a look at examples of customer feedback questions for many of today’s most popular surveys:
34 Examples of Feedback Survey Questions for Better Engagement
While not an exhaustive list, below are common feedback topics - and subsequent customer feedback questions to ask - to create and launch an effective feedback questionnaire. When you set out to begin asking for feedback, feel free to use these questions as a launchpad for creativity.
Learn More About Your Customers
- How would you describe yourself in one sentence? (e.g. “I am a 31-year-old writer based in the USA who enjoys sharing stories through the written word.”)
- What is your goal or reason for using our product/service?
- What are the main challenges you face in achieving your goals?
- What do you desire from a company like ours to help make your life better?
- What are the best elements of our company?
- What do you like least about what our organization has to offer?
Improving a Product or Service
- What features of our product are your favorite?
- What features of our product are not helpful to you?
- What do you like least about our product/service?
- What features would improve this product for you?
- What kinds of features should be added for the next model?
- In what ways could we go above and beyond for you?
Gather Quantifiable Data for Better Metrics
For many businesses, quantifiable data is vital for understanding client engagement and retention. Analysts have created specific categories for measurable data metrics, such as the Customer Effort Score (CES), Net Promoter Score (NPS), and Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT). Take a look at the following examples and categories when creating consumer feedback questions:
- Net Promoter Score
How likely is it that you would recommend our company/product/service to a friend or colleague?
See the Net Promoter Score survey template
- Customer Satisfaction Score
Are you satisfied with our company/product/service? (Yes/Neither Yes nor No/No)
How satisfied are you with our company/product/services?
See the customer satisfaction survey template
- Customer Effort Score
How easy did our team make it for you to solve your question or problem?
See the Customer Effort Score survey template
Improve Your Marketing
- How did you discover our company?
- What specifically helped you decide on us?
- Have you used our competitor’s services?
- How often do you use our products?
- What media channels do you most use? (TV, Web, Social Media)
- Is the price fair and accurate for this item?
Assess Your Employee’s Performance
- Was our team helpful to you during your shopping and selection experience?
- How would you rate the communication you had with our specialists?
- Was our customer support manager able to answer your questions?
- Would you like to work with this particular employee again?
- How would you rate our customer service team?
When the Sales Aren’t Coming in as Expected
- How would you rate your buying experience? (Scale of 0-10, 0 - Very Difficult, 10 - Very Easy)
- Do you feel that our product/service is worth the cost?
- What nearly stopped you from buying our product?
- What elements or features are no longer useful to you?
- Are there any specific features that made you stop using our items?
- Are you currently using or considering shopping with a competitor?
- Is there anything you would like to see changed?
Tips and Tricks for Writing Feedback Form Questions to Generate Quality Responses
Keep it Simple and Sweet when Designing a Survey
In designing a questionnaire, remember the golden rule: keep it simple. As seen above, the feedback questions examples provided for each topic are relatively short and sweet.
When you are asked on the street to complete a survey, you are more likely to answer one quick question rather than fill out pages of questions. Remember, people are busy - so keep your questions short and simple in order to get quality feedback.
Use the Right Language to Relate to Your Audience
Language matters when it comes to your questionnaire. Pose your questions in order to reach the eyes and ears of your most important clients. Utilize language and writing style that meets the user and avoid shooting too high and writing too low.
Be Strategic in Your Response Options Format
Not only are the questions you ask important - the way you collect your responses is just as relevant. Depending on the marketing feedback questions that are asked, you may want to offer multiple ways for customers to answer. For more generic questions, consider providing a text box for users to input their own, customized text. Specific questions that lean toward a spectrum may need multiple choices or a scale. Analyze how your questions could be answered and offer the right response design.
Once Your Questions are Ready, Create the Form to Send Them Out
Now that you have created some customer feedback form sample questions, you are ready to begin building out your form. Search for an online form creator that takes care of the rest of the development, coding, and design for you. The AidaForm service allows you to quickly build and launch questionnaires that are free and mobile-friendly.
With several pre-built templates, AidaForm can help you plug your questions into a design that fits your branding and needs, and will gather and save the data in a user-friendly online system. Check out some of the most popular templates and start gathering feedback today!